We’re all still sick here. As a matter of fact, my migraine is making me feel extremely nauseous and I want to crawl back in bed.
BUT – I thought I should post some stuff. Not much new is happening and no good pictures, as I’m really beginning to detest the loaner. Maybe it’s me but I can’t get it to work for nothing.
Source: Adapted from BH&G Cookbook
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Bloop of Olive Oil
- 4 – 14 ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 – 14 1/2 ounce cans of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 – 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup dried farfalle pasta
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach or 1 – 32 ounce bag of frozen spinach, thawed and well drained.
- in a medium bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, garlic powder and black pepper. Add ground beef and mix well. Shape into meatballs.
- Lightly cook a large skillet with olive oil (hence the “bloop”). Gently cook meatballs of medium heat about 8 minutes or until no pink remains. Turn occasionally to brown evenly. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large stockpot combine broth, undrained tomatoes, and chickpeas. Bring to boiling; add pasta. Return to boiling, reduce heat. Simmered, covered for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Stir in meatballs and spinach. Cook untilfresh spinach wilts or packaged spinach is heated through.